May 24, 2022, 20:06
For many, eating disorders are the only way to get rid of food cravings. What is this diet plan and how to eat it properly? All aspects of the technique are known by Dr. Wong Yu, Ponam Sachdev, and Arfa Kasoboi.
Elimination diet, description of permitted and prohibited foods
What is an elimination diet? This is a diet that allows a person to identify with certain foods. First, irritating foods or groups of foods are excluded from the diet. They then gradually return to the menu and their body responses are monitored.
What is an elimination diet? The main goal is to identify a product or group that a person cannot eat without side effects. According to Wong Yu, the technique allows you to identify allergens and avoid further use, which improves a person’s condition and quality of life.
Dietary supplements are recommended for suspected food allergies or intolerances. In addition to being able to identify allergens and irritants, diet can be a key factor in a healthy lifestyle and regular diet.
There are three types of avoidance foods: light, medium and strict. Each of these diet plans has two stages.
Eliminate diet first step
First of all, all possible annoyances are not included in the menu. In most cases, the restricted list is different for each person. Consider a very detailed and common list of medium-strength diets.
Poonam Sachdev says what to exclude from the menu
- Food containing gluten (based on wheat and dairy products, pasta, semolina and pearl barley, oats, oats, barley, bulgur, couscous, muesli).
- Animal products (pork, lamb, duck, geese, soups based on them, sausages, semi-finished products, fatty cheese, cottage cheese, milk, sour cream, cream, eggs).
- Fish, caviar, canned fish, seafood.
- Dried fruits, fruits and vegetables (all red and orange fruits and vegetables as well as lemons, pineapples, grapes, eggplant, corn).
- Purchased soups and spices.
- All kinds of fruits and seeds, soybeans.
- Alcohol and sweet carbonated beverages, juices from forbidden fruits, tea, coffee.
Sugar and its products (bakeries, desserts, ice cream, jam, chocolate) are also banned. Sometimes they do not accept bee products.
What foods can you eat on an elimination diet? Medium-strength diet plan may be included in the menu
- Weak meats (beef, rabbit, turkey), uncooked soups based on them;
- Cereals (buckwheat, rice, sorghum, amaranth, quinoa);
- Vegetable milk;
- Individual fruits (pear, green apple, plum, gooseberries, white and black currant);
- Vegetables (zucchini, pumpkins, cabbage, lettuce, greens, potatoes, asparagus);
- Rice bread;
- olive oil.
The duration of the first stage is 2-3 weeks. At this point, all side effects caused by unhealthy foods should be avoided.
Elimination Diet Level Two
At this stage, one or more products will return to the menu and be viewed for 2-3 days. Symptoms may appear at this time: redness and rash, gastrointestinal upset, mouth sores, swelling, shortness of breath, fatigue, headache and joint pain, sleep problems, medical scientist Dr. Arfa Kasoboy talks about it. In the absence of such symptoms, it is assumed that the foods returned to the diet are safe.
The next group returns to the menu. The second stage of removal takes an average of 2 to 4 weeks.
Strict adherence to diet is allowed for a limited time. Since the diet contains many important nutrients, there can be no shortage of vitamins and trace elements. Both stages of removal should be no more than 6 weeks.
Sample menu for medium strength diet
The elimination diet is a diet that includes only fresh and naturally occurring foods. It is important to completely discard long-stored foods, chemical flavor enhancers, dyes, and preservatives. Support pots, boiled, baked, fried and steamed foods on a medium-strength elimination diet. Avoid frying and deep frying.
Make a diet based on a list of prohibited and permitted foods. Be sure to coordinate the approximate menu with your doctor. This may be the first daily menu of a moderate-intensity diet.
- Breakfast – quinoa and amaranth porridge with apples and pears.
- Breakfast: Rice bread with turkey and cucumber.
- Lunch – Cauliflower Soup.
- Snack – a glass of buckwheat milk.
- Dinner: Baked chicken breast, asparagus and grilled zucchini.
- Breakfast is rice with vegetables.
- The second breakfast is a pumpkin and cabbage salad with olive oil.
- Lunch – fried zucchini and potatoes with veal.
- Snack – Baked apple.
- Dinner: Roasted broccoli and rabbit pieces.
- Breakfast – buckwheat porridge with turkey meat.
- The second breakfast is a glass of rice milk.
- Lunch – vegetable soup with mills.
- Snack – a few berries.
- Dinner: Vegetable stew with grilled beef.
- Breakfast is quinoa and boiled chicken.
- The second breakfast is pear.
- Lunch – vegetable stew, boiled beef.
- Snack – Pumpkin.
- Dinner: Baked zucchini stuffed with chicken nuggets.
- Breakfast – buckwheat porridge cutlets with potatoes.
- The second breakfast is plum.
- Lunch – Vegetable soup with meatballs.
- Snack – A sandwich of rice bread, boiled chicken and lettuce leaves.
- Dinner – Boiled potatoes, beef.
- Breakfast – amaranth and pear porridge.
- The second breakfast is rice bread with squash caviar.
- Lunch: Boiled turkey, coriander and custard salad.
- Snack – Baked apple.
- Dinner: Baked turkey leaf with spinach.
The seventh day
- Breakfast – Wheat porridge and boiled rabbit.
- The second breakfast is a glass of vegetable milk.
- Lunch – Cabbage soup with fresh cabbage.
- Snack – Pumpkin, lettuce and olive oil salad.
- Dinner: mashed potatoes and squash, boiled veal.
The elimination diet is not very varied, but it is important to improve the condition of allergies and food intolerances. After identifying allergens, one can gradually return to the normal menu, removing only the products that harm the body.
Attention! The material is for informational purposes only. You should not use any of the treatments described above without first consulting a doctor.
- Foam cassobhoy. Diet Allergy Test // WebMD. – 2020. – July 21. – Access mode border https://www.webmd.com/allergies/food-allergy-test
- Does Pona Sachdev Induce This Food Allergy? // webmd. – 2022. – 22 February. – Access mode dro https://www.webmd.com/allergies/ss/slideshow-food-allergy-triggers
- Wong Yu, Deborah M. Hussein Freeland, Carrie C. Nado. Food Allergy Immunizations, Diagnosis and Prevention Treatment // PubMed. – 2016. – December. – 16 (12) – Access method crisis https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/27795547/
Original article https://www.nur.kz/food/healthy-eating/1970837-eliminatsionnaya-dieta-chto-eto-takoe-i-kak-pravilno-pitatsya/