Lentils are reasonably priced, nutritious, go well with vegetables and eggs, and their variety allows for an imaginative creation in the kitchen. Not surprisingly, it is one of the most popular ingredients in many world cuisines – from the Mediterranean to China and India.
In summer, it is ideal in salads, and in cold weather, nothing warms it and gives it no more strength than lentils. Not surprisingly, lentils were a favorite food of the Roman army during the campaign.
“Lemongrass is rich in essential macro-elements and vitamins such as folic acid, potassium, iron and manganese. Lentils are a good source of prebiotics that nourish the gut bacteria and support our microfilariae.
Types of lentils and how to cook them
You can find different colored lentils in the store. What is the sweetest and healthiest? In principle, the composition of lentils is more or less the same, but different varieties are recommended for different foods, so it is better to follow the recipe.
It has a sweet almond flavor that goes well with bright spices. It prepares quickly, takes only 10-15 minutes and is smooth. From long-term ripening lentils to creamy textures, suitable for meats, soups, stews and pastas. When ripe, it will have a golden color.
The spelling is exactly the same as red, differing only in color. It also dissolves quickly and is easy to integrate.
Green or brown lentils
It retains its shape better than other species and is an ideal ornament suitable for salads. But it is also good for soup. Green lentils are a little more protein and fiber than any other type.
It takes about 25 minutes to reach perfect softness, and like all other types, it should be washed before cooking, but it does not need to be soaked.
Lemon lentil soup
For 4 meals
- 1 1/2 cup red or yellow lentils
- 2/3 cup chilled or canned corn
- 6 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium carrots
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1st. Spoon of olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
- Shampoo and cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 lemon juice and juice
- Cut the onion and carrot into cubes, chop the garlic. Heat the oil in a large saucepan and fry the onions and carrots and sauté for 5 minutes until soft and clear. Add the garlic and stir, stirring for 1 more minute, until it smells good.
- Add steak, lentils, corn, cumin, curry, cayenne and saffron to the pot. Cover and cook until the lentils are melted for 10-15 minutes.
- Mix the soup to the desired consistency using a mixer but it will not be soft. Add lemon zest and juice, salt. Garnish with a slice of lemon, fresh mint or cilantro while serving.
Green lentil salad with olives and feta
For 4 meals
- 1 አረንጓዴ cup green lentils
- 1 large cabbage or other salad
- ½ Cup raw almonds
- 3-4 green onions
- 150 grams of feta or cheese
- 1 cup green olives
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 lemon
- ½ A cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin (Zira)
- ማንኪያ A teaspoon of chili
- Boil lentils for 20-25 minutes. Make sure it is soft but not ripe.
- Cut the salad leaves and place in a salad bowl. Finely chop the almonds. Divide the onion into white and green pieces. Place the greens aside, and finely chop the white stem and transfer to a small frying pan. Stir in the garlic and add to the pot. Use a knife to cut three pieces of lemon zest (from the white pita) and add it to the pot. Leave the lemon for a salad dressing.
- Pour the olive oil into the pot, grease it with all the ingredients, cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes, until the garlic is brown and the image begins to roll. Add the almonds and cook, stirring constantly, for 3 more minutes until the almonds are brown. Remove from heat, add zest, chile and leave for a few minutes to allow the oil to absorb the spices.
- Pour the mixture into a small bowl with a fine sieve, shake to allow the oil to drip – this is the basis of a salad dressing. Place the remaining mixture on a paper towel, salt and let it cool (the nuts will be crisp). Garlic, ginger and cloves are edible, but the taste is very strong, so it is best to avoid them.
- Divide the fat. Crush the olives with a knife, remove the holes and cut well. Finely chop the onion greens (save some to serve). Place the feta, olives and onions in a salad bowl with the leaves. Squeeze the lemon juice. Salt.
- Transfer lentils to salad bowl, season with salt. Add the chopped oil, half the nuts and mix.
- Divide the salad between boxes. Garnish with almonds and green onions.
Six easy ways to eat small amounts of meat and stay full.
Milk: Benefits, harms and should be avoided? The nutritionist says
Dietary scientists and nutritionists say that collagen helps produce collagen