The corn cakes in Mexico were made by the Maya people hundreds of years ago. The Spaniards came to these lands in the 16th century. Conflict ensued – and a fusion of cultures, which resulted in the popularity. Tortoise soup.
Easy, fast and delicious Do not miss the best 3 unusual chicken dishes that will appeal to the whole family
In Latin America it is often served as a quick and satisfying snack. The soup has a cheap and pleasant effect: it warms and cools. (Cooked according to real recipe – with lots of hot pepper, this food adds sweat that leads to cooling.)
Mexican tortilla soup
Time: 1.5 hours
Special Mexican soup / photo by karttiasmaku
- 1 onion;
- 2 tablespoons oil;
- 2 quintals of garlic;
- 1 carrot;
- Celiac root fragment;
- 1 tablespoon butter;
- 200 grams of chicken fillets;
- 1 red bell pepper;
- 4 – 5 dried tomatoes;
- 1 liter hot soup;
- 1 canned peeled tomato;
- 1 can of canned corn;
- 1 can of canned red beans;
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste;
- 2 tablespoons parsley;
- Spices: 2 teaspoons paprika, ¼ teaspoon hot red pepper, 2 teaspoons oregano, 2 teaspoons ground cumin, salt;
- 6 ready-made fries;
- Sour cream to serve.
- In a large saucepan, sauté the chopped onion until soft.
- Add finely chopped garlic and beans – carrots and celery – to a large griddle.
- Stir, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add butter and chopped chicken breast. Sprinkle with a little salt, pepper and add all the spices.
- Stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the chopped pepper and cook for 2 minutes, adding more oil if necessary.
- Add chopped tomatoes.
- Pour in hot broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the pre-mixed canned tomatoes, stir and cook for 10 minutes uncovered or after the lid is opened.
- Add a little washed canned corn and beans to a sieve, mix everything and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add the parsley and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes.
- Prepare straw. Pour the vegetable oil into a medium saucepan. Heat over medium heat, but the oil should not smoke. Place the sliced tortilla in the oven and fry until golden brown, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Pour the soup into bowls and garnish with spices and tortillas.