Traditionally, this soup works with lentils. We recommend using regular peas. Adjust the soup seasoning with red pepper and to your liking
Indian Pea Soup Dale / Photo: www.daringgourmet.com
Classic pea soup is made with at least fried meat in our country, often with chicken.
In Scandinavian countries, such as Denmark, a small amount of celery is added to pea soup.
In India, grains and legumes are widely used. He gave soup -It’s something. Medium between soup and meat.
Adjust the consistency When cooking peas. It can be done Using canned tomato water, vegetable broth or juice.
Recipe from yana_kavaliova page. For nutritious food, the blogger recommends adding a little mashed potato 10 minutes before cooking.
He gave pea soup
He gave pea soup / Photo: littlespicejar.com
- Split peas – 1.5 cups;
- Water or vegetable soup – 3 cups;
- Canned tomatoes – 400 g;
- Spinach set;
- cilantro – to taste;
- Pepper, ground corridor – 1/2 teaspoon each;
- Minced cumin – 1 tsp;
- Red pepper, salt – to taste;
- Ginger root – 1.5-2 cm;
- Garlic – 2 cloves;
- Lemon juice – 1-2 tbsp. L.
Greece has its own special vegetarian soup made from beans called fasolada.
How to cook:
- After washing the peas, wash them and pour water or broth over them. Boil until soft.
- Cut tomatoes, spinach and cilantro. Chop the garlic and ginger on a fine grater.
- When the peas are soft, add the tomatoes, herbs, garlic and ginger. Add salt and spices.
- Cook over low heat for 3-5 minutes. Add lemon juice and stir.